Often times our clients want to use software like Mozilla Thunderbird or Microsoft Office to access their email. Doing so is simple, and just requires a bit of tweaking.
- Download and install your email client of choice
- Open the email client and add a new account using the appropriate instructions for your email client.
- Enter in your email address and your password, selecting whatever name you want to appear as when sending email from this client. Typically this will be your full name.
- Press Enter and wait for the connection. Your email client should automatically connect to your instance and let you log in. (This is due to Autodiscover DNS records that are supposed to be housed in your DNS settings. If this is not configured properly, you will need to proceed to step 5.)
- If the connection fails, go into Advanced Server Settings in your email client and enter the information below in the Connect To Our Servers Manually section.
- If the connection still fails, you may have an issue with your DNS configuration or server configuration. > Please contact our support team here for further assistance <
Connect To Our Servers Manually
If your connection is not successful, go into the advanced settings and enter the following to get connected. Be sure to select IMAP, not POP3 so that your email stays on the server.
Secure SSL/TLS Settings (Recommended)
|Password:||Use the email account’s password.|
IMAP, POP3, and SMTP require authentication.
Please sign in to leave a comment.